A huge, HUGE thank you to Zainab @ TeenBookLit101 for tagging me back in July (I’m horrible at time management), Caitlin @ Words And Other Beasts for tagging me back in August (again, bad time management. Sorry!) and Meghan @ Meghan’s Whimsical Explorations & Reviews (this one’s actually recent guys, I’m not completely inept).
- Thank the people/person who nominated you.
- Answer the questions from your nominator(s).
- Nominate eleven other bloggers and give them eleven questions
1. Who would you want with you if you were stranded on a deserted island?
Hmm… I’m assuming it’s asking about real life people so I can’t just say Harry Potter. I guess I’ll pick my little sister. She will be no help to me whatsoever but we’ll be together till the end of our days because I am certain I wouldn’t survive.
2. If you could do anything you wanted right now, what would it be?
Plain and simple: Magic.
3. If money was no object, what would you do all day?
Read obviously. And travel to every country in the world.
4. Where do you most want to travel, but have never been?
Europe. I would love to go to all the major cities of Europe starting with London because there are just so many books set there. Also Paris, Rome, and Amsterdam.
5. What is your favorite memory?
Ooo. I don’t think I have a favorite memory. Most of my childhood memories are very precious to me and I love remembering and holding on to them.
6. Who is your favorite author?
Again, I don’t exactly have one but I do have multiple. JKR, Alexandra Bracken, Jane Austen, Orson Scott Card (even though he’s a jerk), Marissa Meyer, etc.
7. What is your favorite book?
And again, I have multiple. I’ll just name my favorites by genre:
Fantasy: Harry Potter
Sci/fi: Ender’s Game and The Darkest Minds
Contemporary: The Fault in Our Stars and I’ll Give You the Sun
Classic: Pride and Prejudice
Middle Grade: PJO series and Artemis Fowl
8. What is/was your favorite subject at school?
My favorite subject is and has always been math. Not that I don’t love my lit classes but math was always my strong suit.
9. What has been your biggest challenge?
Learning to study. I never needed to study in middle school so once high school came along, I realized I’m pretty bad at the whole studying concept and I’m still working on it.
10. EBook or Physical Book?
Physical book always and forever. Though e-books are much easier to transport and can be pretty convenient when you want a book right away. But physical books are always preferred.
11. When and why did you start blogging?
I started blogging around March 2014 because I just thought it would be pretty cool but I didn’t start updating frequently until last summer. At first, I just wanted to write book reviews so I can look back at them and remember my thoughts on the book. Now it’s because I really enjoy blogging and interacting with the Blogosphere.
1. Who are your three favourite protagonists?
Oo, this is hard. I would say my three favorite protagonists are Harry Potter, Ender Wiggin from Ender’s Game and Nico diAngelo from the Percy Jackson/Heroes of Olympus series.
2. What’s your favourite book cover?
There are so many!
3. Is there an antagonist you’ve ever sympathised with? Or even liked more than the protagonist?
4. Do you write books as well as read them?
Yes. Well, I certainly try but I have never finished any of the novels I started. But I have written a LOT of fanfiction.
5. Do you prefer Sci-Fi or Fantasy? Or do you not like either?
I love both equally though I do tend to read more Fantasy because it’s more available in YA.
6. Do you like books being adapted for film/TV, or do you hate it?
I love it when it’s done properly. I hate it when it’s done like the Lightening Thief.
7. Do you prefer paperbacks or hardbacks?
Hardbacks always! But paperback is much less expensive so when I have the option between buying hardcover and paperback, I usually choose paperback.
8. If you could compete in any Olympic sport, which one would you choose?
I can’t play sports. At all. Nothing. I can’t even ride a bike or swim. Can’t play video-games either. Maybe if they added reading… no, I’d still lose because I’m a slow reader.
9. If you could be friends with any character (book, film or TV) who would you pick?
Luna Lovegood, no question.
10. Is there a book or series you think is underappreciated?
I have a few.
11. If you could be a superhero, what powers would you have?
I’ve always wanted mind reading ever since I read Maximum Ride back in sixth grade. I would also love creating force fields. Like Violet from The Incredibles or Gwen from Ben 10 (that’s a quality TV show. And Netflix deleted it! I’m still angry).
1. How do you read? While listening to music, etc? Or do you prefer to read in silence?
I usually prefer reading in silence though sometimes I listen to classical music.
2. If you listen to music, what do you listen to? If you read in silence, why?
Classical. My favorite composer is Vivaldi and he’s usually who I listen to the most especially when studying.
3. If you could pick a book or series and turn it into a TV show, which would it be?
The Darkest Minds by Alexandra Bracken. Or a better show on the Mortal Instruments would also be great (or just with better actors).
4. What’s your favourite TV show, and why?
I am a HUGE Sherlock fan. I’m a fan of the Sherlock Holmes books and at first, I wasn’t sure about the Sherlock retelling but this show is freakin’ FANTASTIC. The actors, the screenwriters and the directors are all amazing and the way they portrayed a modern day Sherlock Holmes is one of the greatest things that has ever happened.
5. Favourite cuisine?
I am from Bangladesh so first choice would be South-Asian cuisine. I also LOVE Chinese food so it’s a close second.
6. How long does to take to write a blog post?
It honestly just depends on the post (length, content, etc). Some take a few minutes while others can take up to an hour or two.
7. Do you schedule your posts or post on a whim?
I’m not very good at scheduling posts so I usually just post on a whim. When I have classes, it takes me days to post new content but I’m working on it.
8. What’s the best audiobook you’ve listened to?
The only audiobook I’ve listened to is Their Eyes Were Watching God by Zora Neale Hurston mostly because the dialect used in the book was hard for me to understand. It’s a wonderful book and the audiobook was pretty good.
9. Have you ever lived outside of the place you were born?
Yes, I currently live in a place where I was not born. I was born in Dhaka, Bangladesh but now live in the state of Goergia in the United States.
10. Is there a place you would rather live?
No, I love where I live. The south has its problems but it’s pretty awesome.
11. Money not being an option, what is the first thing you would do?
Read, write and blog and not have to worry about going to class and getting good grades to get a good job etc, etc.
- What do you want to be when you grow up?
- If you had to pick between giving up reading and giving up listening to music, what would you pick?
- If you could be fluent in any language (that you don’t already know), what would it be?
- What’s your favorite color and is there a story behind it?
- Who is/was your first celebrity crush?
- If you could claim to be the author of a book that has already been published, what would you pick?
- What’s your favorite Disney movie?
- What book character do you most relate to?
- What Hogwarts house are you in?
- What book have you reread the most?
- If you could put yourself in a character’s shoe, who would it be?
I’m also going to do what Meghan did and nominate some of my latest followers. If you’ve already done this tag (too lazy to check) or don’t want to do it, feel free to disregard this.
Lynn @ Castle on the Sea
Mrenee @ The Wild Soul
Jackie B @ Death by Tsundoku
Shanayah @ The Scarlet Bookkeeper
Calliope@ Calliope the Book Goddess
Megan @ My Tables of Content
M. @ A Blog of One’s Own
Shruti @ This is Lit
Marianne @ Storyscope
Courtney @ Once Upon a YA Reader
Darcey @ The Confused Daydreamer
Thank you again for the tag!